Understanding the behavior of Google Ad Manager connector
Google Ad Manager has some limitations on its behavior you need to know before work with this connector. But don't worry! In this article we will explain to you everything you need to know to start working properly with our Google Ad Manager connector.
How does the Amazon Ads connector work?
1. If there is no data for the query you are performing, Google Ad Manager will not return any rows, so do not expect rows with 0.
The "Iclude empty data" option will not work either.
2. The metrics Current video completions, Current video starts delivered, Current viewable impressions delivered, and Current delivery percentaje ONLY returns TOTAL RESULTS.
Regardless of the date introduced in the query settings, the result will be the current total.
3. If for some reason a certain combination of metrics and dimensions is not allowed in the Google Ad Manager Console, it will not be allowed in Dataslayer either.
As you may know, the metrics and dimensions correspond to different reports in Google Ad Manager, so if the combination is not valid in the console, it will not be valid in Dataslayer either.
4. If a metric or dimension is disabled in the Google Ad Manager console and a query is performed in Dataslayer with that metric, the query will not work correctly.
There are metrics and dimensions that may be disabled in the data source console, please check before you make your query in Dataslayer.
5. In case you get an error message due to lack of permissions, you should contact your company's IT administrator, or otherwise contact Google Ad Manager support.
The error message will detail the metrics and/or dimensions to which you do not have permissions. This is external to Dataslayer as it is due to your Google Ad Manager account permissions.
If the query is working properly in the Google Ad Manager console but not in Dataslayer, please let us know by sending us an image and reporting the query so the tech team can help you.
As always, please contact us via our live chat on our website or via email if you still have doubts or questions. We are happy to help!
Updated on: 05/12/2023