Understanding the behavior of Klaviyo connector
Klaviyo has some limitations on its behavior. But don't worry! In this article we will explain to you everything you need to know to start working properly with our Klaviyo connector.
When connecting to Klaviyo you will be asked for an API key, learn how to authenticate correctly at this link.
How does the Klaviyo connector work?
1. You can connect all the accounts you have on Klaviyo, but you will only be able to work with only one account per query.
2. The Klaviyo API only returns the Public API Key information, so it is not possible to use the company name when connecting, but you will see the name in the "Your accounts " section.
Tip: Use the dimension "Account name " in the tables you make in order to differentiate the accounts.
3. Campaign metrics can only be combined with Account dimensions and Campaign dimensions.
If you combine it with another parameters you will get an invalid combination error.
4. Campaign metrics are TOTAL metrics, so it can not be combined with Time dimensions.
5. List dimensions or Campaign dimensions may cause some discrepancies when combined with Profile dimensions, since one profile can be in more than one list, producing errors in the sums.
For example: Imagine that you have three lists, and you have the same contact in the three lists. If you request the data at Profile-level, you will see the contact had open the email ONE time, but if you request the data at List-level, you will see the contact had open the email THREE times. This is external to Dataslayer, and can produce discrepancies in your data.
6. The "Received Email" metric may increase the query load time if you have a lot of data.
If at any time the Klaviyo API makes changes to its operation we will keep the changes up to date.
As always, please contact us via our live chat on our website or via email if you still have doubts or questions. We are happy to help!
Updated on: 08/08/2023